Fright Night by Amanda Southern

11:00

 Hi Everyone
I hope you are all well. For this weeks post I have another Halloween themed make, this one you might recognise as a sample I made for the Hochanda launch of Kelly Horton's Little Darklings stamps, as sadly no new crafting time this last week as I had the bright idea to decorate my craft space which in itself is a logistical nightmare and I currently have craft products and equipment all over the house in order to create space to get to the walls lol. 


Here's What I Did:

When making samples for Hochanda shows we usually work on quite a short turnaround so anything that makes things easier is a bonus. I love making my own backgrounds for for speed I used one of my background paper from my Perfect Backgrounds Pack 1 (so I did really create my background). I used one of the MDF Tombstone Uprights, you get 3 in the pack, and covered both the base and the Upright with my chosen paper. I choose to glue the paper to the MDF using That's Crafty! all purpose craft adhesive, I brayer over the paper to spread out the glue underneath making sure it goes to the edges.

Next, onto stamping card, I stamped out the Little Darkling image with Vrsafine Clair Nocturne ink pad and I coloured the image with Prismacolour pencils and cut out.


Next was to prepare the halloween Craftyboard bits spiders webs, spider and rails and posts at the front of the piece. All were painted with black gesso to give a really matt finish. To add a little detail I glued some purple organza fabric to the back of the spiders web and once the glue was dried using a sharp pair of scissors trimmed the organza around the outside of the web.


The Craftyboard chains that I used around the front were cut to fit and glued to the front, I used 2 skull links from the skull chain to make the 2 posts which were also glued onto the front. 


A little bit of Halloween spiders web is added to act as mist swirling around her.
A Halloween chit chat sticker, Fright Night, is added to finish the piece.

Here's What I Used:
Versafine Clair - Nocturne
Coloured Pencils
Purple Organza
Spiders web fibres
Tim Holtz Seasonal Chit Chat Stickers

Have a great week and I will see you all next Tuesday and I'll hopefully be back in my craftroom.

Love
Amanda X

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. How nice to be able to have one of your own backgrounds ready to use! It looks fabulous as the setting for your purple-haired Darkling. Love those bats and branches behind her. Hope you got the decorating done.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So totally everything about this piece which has such wonderful details. I especially love the idea of gluing organza behind the web. So cool.

    Good luck with your organizing. It's a never ending process, or so it seems.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook