Bee My Honey by Fliss Goodwin

11:00

Hello!

I have another Hochanda sample to share this week which is rather different from the last few weeks as this one features one of the very clever faux embroidery hoops which also featured on the One Day Special. As the new Craftyboard included some gorgeous bees I couldn't resist the rather tongue in cheek title I chose.

Step by Step:

The first thing I did was to set the hoop frame in place on the back plate and draw round on the inside with a pencil so that I knew where the frame would sit. This was quite important as I was planning on using texture paste and didn't want any to get on the area where the frame would sit.

I then took the honey bee stencil and using the section without the bee, added a honeycomb pattern with texture paste mixed with a touch of Apricot and Mustard Multi Surface Paint to create a honey shade. 

Once it was completely dry, I took the Doodle Feather stencil and used this on the other side (and slightly over the top) with texture paste mixed with Green Multi Surface Paint (I'll let you into a secret here which is that I didn't actually realise it was a feather!) to create a leaf - yes!

I added some extra paint, Chestnut Brown dry brushed around the edges of the stencilled elements to emphasise the edges. I then used my trusty That's Crafty! Multi Purpose Glue to stick the frame on top.

I then got to work on my Craftyboard bee, painting the body Black and Yellow and the wings with Silver, White and Yellow and adding some bling with 3D Holographic Gel. I glued the bee to a piece of black felt cut to shape to show under the slits in the body.
 
I finished off with some Craftyboard text which I painted with Yellow Multi Surface Paint.



Supplies:

Black Felt

Have a great weekend and see you next week.

Fliss x

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. It’s nice to see something reminiscent of summer, lovely make Fliss
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook