Exhibit A..... by Amanda Pink

11:00

Hi Everyone 

Welcome to my weekly DT post. 

Today I have some Tag Art to share that features a few of Tim Holtz new 'Halloween' seasonal releases- namely Tim's Stampers Anonymous 'Specimen" Stampset and 'Deco Arch' Layering stencil. 



I worked directly onto a That's Crafty! White Greyboard Tag #8 . After priming it with white gesso I then created the textured stenciled design using Tim Holtz 'Deco Arch' Layering stencil with Texture paste. I kept an area free of stenciling in the centre of the tag. 
When the paste was dry I coloured the textured stenciling by spraying with Seth Apters Aladine Izink dye Sprays: Spring Green, Sunflower, Honey, Lavender, Cassis and blending in some Tim Holtz Distress Inks: Shabby Shutters, Mustard Seed, Fossilised Amber, Dusty, Wilted Violet.

Again once dry I sanded over the textured stenciling very lightly to 'break up' a little of the colour.



 I then used a paint brush with black acrylic paint to paint into the recesses to accentuate the Deco Arch stenciled design. 


 For the central feature I used a Tim Holtz Baseboard Frame which I 'scuffed up' with a bit of sand paper and roughly caught with black acrylic paint.
When positioned on the tag I added a Tim Holtz remnant rub to the upper right inside of the frame. 


For the insect I used one of the entomology stamps from Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous 'Specimen' Stampset. I think it's some kind of beetle, maybe a Tucson Beetle?  It was stamped with Archival ink, coloured with Mermaid Lagoon distress ink and fussy cut. The cutting is a bit fiddly but with care it can be done. 


I manipulated the 'beetles' legs and feelers to give him a sense of movement.....looks like he's trying to crawl his way out of the frame!


To finish I embellished the tag with a few pieces of Tim Holtz Ideology : An Observations word band 'Exhibit A' (seemed appropriate) attached with hardware heads ...


... and a Halloween Token again attached with a hardware head. 




Products I used: 
Stamping Platform
Paintbrush
Palette Knife
Scissors

Thanks for stopping by today. 
Have a great week creating 
Take care 
Amanda

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. That glowing bug is absolutely sensational, Amanda - love those Gothic arches in the background too.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook