Nevermore by Fliss Goodwin

11:00

 

Hello!

This week I have a piece of steampunk artwork to share which was actually inspired by a TV programme my children loved when they were young which was called Mortimer and Arabel and was all about a little girl and her pet raven. The only word Mortimer ever uttered was Nevermore! 

Step by Step:

This project started life with the background paper that I created with an A3 piece of smooth cartridge paper, a selection of Flat Matte Sprays and some stamping with one of Lynne's mark making stamps.
 

 
My chosen substrate was an MDF Upright and I decided to cover it with some of my hand decorated paper but on the diagonal! I broke the strips up with some narrow strips of card from my stash that I painted with Bronze Multi Surface Paint. I painted the base section with Green Metallic paint and then stamped on it with brown ink.



I then prepared my embellishments, stamping my chosen Steampunk Darling on smooth stamping card with black ink and heat embossing the image with clear powder. I coloured her with pencils and then cut her out. I painted up half a flower left over from an earlier project with Satin inks (I knew it would come in useful some day!).


I next grunged up some Craftyboard cogs by dabbing on some Texture Sand Paste and then painting them with dabs of Bronze, Copper and Patina Metallic Multi Surface Paints and Charcoal Shimmer Paint. My chosen text was stamped with alphabet stamps and trimmed to a banner which I spritzed with Redwood Flat Matte Spray.

The final embellishment was to create my Mortimer steampunk style. I took a Craftyboard raven and dabbed on Texture Sand Paste. Once it was dry, I added a scrape of texture paste roughly where the wing would be and pressed a cog into the paste to leave an impression. I then painted him up with Metallic Black and Blue, plus a touch of Charcoal Shimmer paint and some Bronze on the impressed cog.

I then assembled my steampunk mash-up using a mix of Multi Purpose Adhesive and silicone glue where necessary because of the dimension. Mortimer and Arabel complete!

Supplies:


Have a great weekend and see you next week.

Fliss x

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Nice bit of steampunk art, I don’t remember the characters but I don’t think that matters it a great steampunk make.
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook