Being Bold with Black and Gold by Fliss Goodwin

11:00

 

Hello!

Welcome to my post for this week where I'm sharing another of the samples I created for the One Day Special on Hochanda last month. This has an oriental feel with the rich gold and black with just a touch of ivory added to the mix.

Step by Step:

My substrate for this was an MDF large tag which I prepped with black gesso to start with. I then took the gorgeous damask stencil (my new favourite) and used this with black texture paste to add a pattern to the tag. I had to do this in 2 goes, drying the top before tackling the bottom.

I took some metallic gold multi surface paint and dry brushed this over the top of the raised pattern areas to bring out the gorgeous texture.

My next task was to decorate up some inchies, twinchies and dominoes to embellish the surface. I used a mix of craftyboard and MDF shapes, leaving the MDF ones unpainted and painting the others with black or gold multi surface paints. I took the small elements stamp sets and stamped on some of the pieces, heat embossing the gold ones.

I then decorated some of the tiny craftyboard shapes with black or gold paints, leaving some plain and just adding a touch of colour with a pale yellow marker. I also stamped a feather and a butterfly with black ink to add to some of the tiles.



I glued these all in place with dimensional glue to finish the assembly of my mixed media tag.

I have a little tip to share too as I decided on the placement of the pieces before decorating them and took a photo to remind me.

As you'll see, it changed a little as it went along but mostly just in the re-arrangement of the embellishments!


Supplies:


Have a great weekend and see you next week when I'll be sharing one of my samples from the Hochanda shows this week which I couldn't do today as I'm down in Devon!

Fliss x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook