A Kaleidoscope of Butterflies by Amanda Southern

11:00

 Hi Everyone
I know I should close the month out with a final Halloween make but as I said last week I am still decorating my craft space, I'm nearly there just need to sort through everything and put it back in my craftroom, I think that job is worse than emptying it all out in the first place, anyway nearly done. As such I am sharing with you this week one of my recent samples that supported the shows on Hochanda that saw new stamps, stencils and papers designed by my talented team mate Melina Dahl.


Here's What I Did:

This piece starts with the new Oval MDF Art Shrine which prior to assembling I covered with one of the papers from Melina's 2nd Paint Pour Collection. To get the most out of the A4 piece of paper I lined the the front opening piece of MDF onto the edge of the paper and glued on the front. Once the glue was dry and using a very sharp craft knife I cut out the oval which I glued to the inside back piece of the shrine that I had painted with black gesso. With the remainder of the A4 paper I had enough to cover the inside sides of the opening (I did have to piece one of the sides but you can't see it). I then glued the shrine together making sure that none of the paper had gone over the tabs. 

Next I used That's Crafty! Black Texture Paste through the Flower Burst Mask onto a sheet of acetate. Once the paste had dried I cut around the design and cut to fit into 2 of the corners and glued them on so they slightly overhang the oval opening.

Next to repeat stamp the butterfly stamp 5 times, I always have to have an odd number, using Versafine Clair Noctourne and they were coloured using a selection of grey Zig water colour brush pens and splashes of colour added using Dina Wakley Gloss Sprays and then added within the oval. a Tim holtz sticker saying finishes the piece off.


Here's What I Used:
Versafine Clair - Noctourne
Mixed Media or Water Colour Card
Dina Wakley Gloss Sprays - assorted colours
Sheet of Acetate
Tim Holtz Small Talk Sticker

Have a great week and I will see you all next Tuesday
Love
Amanda X

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Love the oval shadow box structure and the butterflies look so great amidst the swirls of colour.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook