Let your Wings Set you Free by Gill Humphrey

11:00

We all have wings, we just have to have the courage to use them as that allows us to flourish. The Twinkle of Sunrise Collection by Craft O'Clock has a very ethereal feel and was one of the reasons I chose the title for this project. 

I started by choosing one of the papers from the 12 x 12 paper pack and adhering it to a 12" circular MDF upright tidying up the edges using sandpaper. I wanted to add extra detail to the paper and chose to go with a highland mountain feel. To do this I chose  tree, leaf and foliage stamps from Small Elements set 3 and Distress Oxide inks in Weathered Wood, Vintage Photo and Hickory Smoke and positioned them on the edge of areas that looked like mountains.

In the foreground I added one of the tall floral stamps from Small Elements Set 1 using Ground Espresso Distress Oxide and using the same ink added the eagle to the sky area. In addition I added some of the butterflies using the Pumice Stone Oxide Ink.

I added a female form using rice paper 10 from the collection but an alternative would be to fussy cut out the similar image from the paper pack. To keep eveything in keeping with my chosen theme I then fussy cut out lots of images from Craft O'Clock Butterflies II extra sheet and then used a range of Distress Glazes - Rusty Hinge, Fossilized Amber and Speckled Egg to add colour. The little ladybird was coloured first with Festive Berries Distress Oxide and then a layer of Rusty Hinge Glaze was added over the top

 
My title was added using Craftyboard Alphabet 1 adding a little colour with the Weathered Wood Oxide ink before adhering them as shown. My coloured winged images were then adhered in place.

Finally I grounded my lady and piece by using some art stones coloured with Weathered Wood Sistress Oxide Spray and 13 Arts Black Colour Duo.  

I hope that you will have the courage to take your papers and add to them using the mediums you have have at home.





You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook