Fly by Gill Humphrey

11:00


My life has been ever so slightly hectic over the last week so my make today is one that it relatively simple to make and therefore great if you need a super quick project to gift. MDF Uprights are so very versatile and along with shrines are probably one of my favourite pieces to use as a base to create on - they make wonderful home decor pieces and gifts and so I always have a supply of them in my stash. For this piece I have used the large round Upright and one of the small round Uprights that comes in the pack.

I started by painting my base using a custom colour made by using That's Crafty! Multi Surface Paint in Grey, which I warmed up by adding a touch of Chestnut Brown.

I used the piece of MDF the circular pieces came out of, as a template to cut papers to fit both pieces from the Craft O'Clock Wild Garden Paper Pack and then distressed the edges using my scissors that way if the circles are not perfect no one will every know. This was then adhered to the base pieces leaving the edges free for added texture.

I added some extra detail to the background by free hand stamping with  a text stamp - there are lots to choose from on the website but I used the Cage Stamp by 13 Arts.

I fussy cut my flower and leaf pieces from two pieces of paper so that they could be layered over each other and then adhered them in place. I cut butterflies from the paper set and shaped them with  a ball tool before adding them to my project. These pieces were covered with That's Crafty! Acrylic Liquid Wax for added durability.

I then made a butterfly using Prima Air Dry Clay bringing out the details in the mould using Daily Art Wax in Gold. The smaller Upright was treated in the same way before adhering at an angle to the base of the bigger Upright. To complete the project I added a chipboard sentiment.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. A really gorgeous piece of artwork Gill. The butterfly is so striking against the more neutral background and love all the little details on there.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook