Tread Gently by Lynne Moncrieff

11:00

Hello


A paper panel caught my eye and set me on the road to this particular project.

With the cut out stencilled circle and the stencilled trees, I wanted the feel of gently walking through the forest, a sense of stillness.

Supplies

That's Crafty! Clear Stamp Set The Language of Trees Set 1
That's Crafty! Stencil A4 Circles TC40002
That's Crafty! MDF Panel A5 size
That's Crafty! Medium - Gesso White
That's Crafty! Multi-Purpose Craft Adhesive
That's Crafty! Pearl Inks; Bronze, Copper, Tree Bark
That's Crafty! Walnut Ink Crystals
13arts Mixed Media Stencil Trees
Distress Crayon: Espresso, Black Soot
Archival Ink Jet Black 
Watercolour Paper (Hot press)
Extras: re-cycled packaging, Cotton Rag Paper


Instructions

You might have gathered that I normally have prepared papers that I can reach for, whether in their entirety or fragments of this and that. Whenever I prepare papers, it could be with paints, inks or staining with tea/coffee, etc, I will always prepare as much as I possibly can at any given time. They could well be papers that I will then return to and add more media or they could be torn/cut into smaller pieces.

The main paper panel on this collage was such a piece. When I was preparing papers with That's Crafty! Pearl Inks and walnut ink I was working in the main with hot press watercolour paper but also had beside me cotton rag. The cotton rag would be used to remove excess from the main hot press paper.

Lovely texture was achieved which reminded me of tree branches (impossible to make out in the photo).


Suddenly, I remembered a 13arts Stencil which for some unknown reason, I had never removed from the package. Onto a piece of hot press watercolour paper prepared with Pearl Inks and walnut ink, I partially stencilled the trees with Distress Crayons, applied with my fingertips which I'd dipped into water.


At this point, I adhered the cotton rag paper to That's Crafty! MDF panel, further adhering the stencilled panel.

A circle was cut, using the A4 Circles Stencil, (red roisin paper prepared with gesso and paints) adhering to upper left corner of stencilled panel,


slightly tucking the circle into re-cycled packing paper which I prepared with Gesso and walnut ink.

Reaching for The Language of Trees Set 1, I selected the following....tread gently through the forest. The original texture on the paper can slightly be seen in this photo.


In the U.K., for the moment we are under different restrictions, certainly in Scotland, we are different from England. Ultimately, wherever we are, we all have to "tread gently" as we navigate new normal.

Lynne x

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. This is such a beautiful ethereal piece ❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderfully ethereal piece of artwork Lynne and the trees look so serene.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous as always Lynne x I really love the soft colours and the cotton rag piece looks amazing. Wonderful details and words x

    Best Wishes
    Annie xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook