Think Outside the Box by Amanda Southern

11:00

Hi Everyone
For this weeks make I have been creating on one of my favourite That's Crafty! MDF Surfaces the ATB (artist trading block) and this weeks make uses the 3 inch size from the pack.




Here's What I Did:

First thing was to build the ATB, these are really easy to put together as they all just slot together all you need is some strong glue and there is none better for the job that That's Crafty! Multi Purpose Glue. I then just added some gesso to the edges. Now you can add what ever medium you like to the MDF as it takes anything you care to throw at it but for speed I chose a background paper from my That's Crafty! Background Collection and my choice of background comes from Set 3. I cut to size, 2 3/4 inch squares which leaves a nice border around each piece on the cube. I then painted over the gesso with Black Multi Surface Paint.


Once cut into pieces for each side I just added a little stamping to each paper square to add further details.


I added further detail to each side by adding a strip of the same paper, added a strip of washi tape and some machine stitching before glueing them onto each piece.


Next I stamped out each of the face images onto stamping card and coloured them using Zig Kuretake brush pens, cut them out and added to each piece.





For the top I added the sentiment onto a greyboard ATC (artist trading coin). I covered it with the same paper and sanded the edges to get a smooth edge to the paper on the circle. I stamped the sentiment by putting the stamp onto my glass mat, inking it up and then laying the coin on top of the stamp, for me this way allows me to line the stamp up better. I then coloured the edge black with a black Zig pen.


I always like to put my ATB's onto a base and the base uses again the greyboard artist trading coins, 4 in total, the edge of each painted with Multi Surface Paints and then glued into a stack and then glued to the base of the ATB.


Final touch was to add some Tim Holtz chit chat stickers to each side.

Here's What I Used:
That's Crafty! Paper Packs - Perfect Backrounds 3
Black Archival Ink Pad  (back in stock soon)
That's Crafty! Multi Surface Paints - Black, Christmas Red, Mustard, Ocean
Tim Holtz Chit Chat Stickers
Washi Tape from my stash but others HERE
Sewing Machine
Have a great week everyone and I'll See you next Tuesday

Love
Amanda X

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. What a fabulous ATB - the colours are stunning - so full of heat and sunshine. Brilliantly done.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely fantastic ATB Amanda. Love the bright colours and you've made those quirky images look fab.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook