Take What is Given to You by Gill Humphrey

11:00

I have been guest blogging for That's Crafty! for a few weeks now and am delighted to say that I have been asked to do this on a more permanent basis which is a real honour. Today I am sharing a project with the sentiment "Take what is given to you" - we can not completely control what happens in our lives as the current events prove so I think that taking what is given to you and making the best of it is a really good philosophy to live by hence the title of my project. 


To create this project I chose a round MDF Upright from a set of 7. This was painted with a buff coloured paint and the base ws then free hand stamped with the test parts of the 13 Arts A6 Stamp - The Cage using black Archival Ink.

I used the waste piece of mdf that the circle had come out of and used this as a template to draw a circle on a piece of paper from Craft O'Clock Papers - Wild Flowers and then roughed up the edges using my scissors before adhering it in place.


I used Prima by Redesign Air Dry Clay in two different Prima Moulds one of which was Leafy Blossoms. One of the pieces I cut into pieces before it was completely dry creating some separate leaves. Once completely dry I added Finnabair Metallic Wax in Vintage Gold to highlight the texture of the pieces. 


I then fussy cut the same flowers from a second sheet of paper in the pack and decoupaged them over the initial paper using 13 Arts Gel Medium before tucking in the paper clay pieces. I added some Distress Stickles in Mustard Seed to the centers of the flowers.


Finally I added my chipboard sentiment to the base. 

I hope that this post inspires you to have a try at a dimensional mixed media piece without the use of lots of pastes and paints and not a bit of grunge or rust insight.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. This is so pretty Gill and love the contrast between the soft yellows and the neutral brown shades. Such gorgeous details on there.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook