Geometric Ice by Amanda Pink

11:00

Hi Everyone

Welcome to my weekly dose of creativity!

Today I have an art panel to share with you that I created using some of Seth Apters Izink Ice by Aladine with AAll and Creates Geometric grid stencil designed by Olga Heldwein. In keeping with the geometric design the focal feature is made up of some of my favourite shapes: Circles.

I think this Art Panel would also make a great notebook cover with its cool, comtemporary design.

I cut a panel of card to the same size as the stencil ( 6x6), placed the stencil on the card and applied a couple of colours of Izink Ice through the stencil with a palette knife. As Izink Ice is translucent I didn't spread it out too thinly as I wanted a good intensity of colour. The colours blend seamlessly  and application of the medium through the stencil is effortless.

After I removed the stencil I dried the 'Ice' with a heat gun holding the gun quite close which makes the 'Ice' blister and craze. Great to watch and you can actually hear the crazing too . 


I went round the stenciled geometric shapes with a black fineliner pen and did some mark making in the white open spaces. 


Although happy with the 6x6 panel I decided to cut it in half for my art panel and adhered it to a panel of That's Crafty! White/Greyboard to give it more rigidity. 

I wanted to continue the geometric design onto the larger of the circles (a That's Crafty ATcoin) that made up the focal feature. I also wanted the stencilled design on the Atcoin to align with the stencilled design on the background so I created another panel identical to the first.  When dry I positioned the ATcoin where I wanted it to sit on the background, cut that area out of the 2nd stenciled panel and adhered it to the coin. 



I framed the stenciled covered Atcoin with a black die cut ring. 


The rest of the focal feature was made up of a number of parts: (from the bottom to the top) 
- a painted faux stitched wood chip 
- a faux stitched white die cut ring, 
- a painted That's Crafty! Bits and Pieces greyboard 'bar' (from the large cogs sheet)
- a painted tiny circle (popped out of the greyboard bar) 
and finally a purple gem bead. 



Products I used:

That's Crafty! White/ Greyboard Panel (6x6) - I cut it in half.
That's Crafty! ATcoins
That's Crafty! Bits and Pieces Greyboard Sheet: Large Cogs
White Card, Black Card
That's Crafty! Multi Purpose Adhesive
Seth Apter/Aladine Izink Ice: Crystal Waters, Arctic Grape
AALL and Create Stencil: #81 Geometric Grid designed by Olga Heldwein
Black Fineliner Pen
Seth Apter/Spellbinder dies: Loop de Loop (I used the outer and the inner ring)
Ranger Cut n Dry Foam
Palette Knife
Masking Tape
Paper Trimmer/ Guillotine
Gem Bead
Thanks for joining me today 
Have a great week. 
Take care and Stay safe 
Amanda 

(ink-a-pink)

x

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. A really striking piece of artwork Amanda and love the cool Izink shades on there.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful, I love the colors and shine of the design and such a great idea to lift it up with the ATC coin! A real eye catching piece I could totally see it as a cover to a journal

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Fliss and Ann for your kindness . Much appreciated

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook