Secrets Journal Spread by Fliss Goodwin

11:00


Hello!

I have a journal spread to share this week with a Spring theme before Summer arrives although with the current warm and sunny weather you might think it was already here!

My journal spread has a secret element which I'll reveal at the end of the post and it's actually the first time I've done anything like this in a journal but I'm sure it won't be the last as it's rather fun to do.

Step by Step:

The first step was to colour my pages which I did with a light wash of diluted Multi Surface Paints, using Yellow and Buttercup.

I then stamped on the leaf silhouettes using VersaFine Clair inks, Shady Lane for the larger leaf and Verdant for the smaller one.

I took a script stamp and stamped this on both pages with the Verdant ink, using first and second generation stamping as I only wanted a subtle effect.

I then took a stencil and applied a pattern randomly on the pages with Redwood Flat Matte Spray which I diluted a little for a more misty effect.

I stamped the spring text on both pages several times with the Shady Lane ink.

I then prepared the elements for my secret sections, the first created with an atc from my stash which had previously been misted with Flat Matte Sprays in Basil and Walnut. I then sprinkled on Walnut Crystals whilst it was still wet to give the mottling. I added a touch of stencilling with white gesso. 

The other element is a tag in a pocket. The pocket was created with tea bag paper which was misted with Flat Matte Sprays and stamped with leaves using brown ink and the glued on. The tag was covered in script stamped tissue paper the painted with diluted Green Multi Surface Paint. A leaf was stamped on with the darker green ink and the tag was painted with Acrylic Wax. I tied some leafy trim through the top.

Here's the secret revealed!


For the atc, I glued on a piece of spray overflow paper folded in half after stamping with a leaf on one half and text on the one attached to the atc. The leaf section was glued to the page so that it would fold out.

The tag has the simple addition of the spring word tile which can't be seen until you pull it from the pocket.

Supplies:

That's Crafty! Clear Stamp Set - Lynne's Carved Leaves Set 1
That's Crafty! Clear Stamp Set - Textures Collection Set 3
That's Crafty! Clear Stamp Set - Lynne's Wildflowers Set 1
That's Crafty! 7 x 7ins Stencil - TC6005 Squiggles
That's Crafty! Multi Surface Paints - Buttercup, Green, Yellow
That's Crafty! Flat Matte Sprays - Basil, Redwood, Walnut
That's Crafty! Walnut Crystals
That's Crafty! Acrylic Liquid Wax
That's Crafty! Surfaces - MDF Artist Trading Card
That's Crafty! Surfaces - Greyboard Tag (from a pack of 30)
That's Crafty! Tea Bag Paper
That's Crafty! Wire-O Journal
VersaFine Clair Inks - Fallen Leaves, Shady Lane, Verdant

Have a great weekend and see you next week.

Fliss x

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Lovely tranquil pages they have a real calming feel to them
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook