Over The Moon... by Amanda Pink

11:00

Hello Everyone

Welcome to my weekly DT post of Creativity. 
 This week I am sharing an Art Plaque that I have created using a couple of That's Crafty! substrates and a few of the recently released products from 13Arts.


I began the creativity with the central panel and for this I used a That's Crafty! Long Tag as my substrate. I cut away the fancy tag top to leave just a greyboard panel that I worked on in landscape format rather than portrait 


I covered the panel with one of the papers from 13Arts 'Under The Stars' 6x6 paper pad. This pad is full of some lovely designed papers and some of the designs are available in 12x12. Worth checking out (here) especially if you are a fan of using papers in your creativity.


I positioned the upper half of 13arts 'Hanging Moon' stencil in place along the top edge of the panel and applied That's Crafty! Texture Paste through it. 
Whilst the paste was still wet I covered it with Seth Apter's 'Cloud' Baked Velvet embossing powder and set to one side for a short while to give the paste some time to dry. When I thought it had I heat embossed the embossing powder to give a kind of faux enamel look to the stenciling.


N.B. If you apply heat to the paste before it is dry it may bubble and show the colour of the paste through the powder - which mine did but I was using white on white so it didn't matter and the bubbles only added to the texture. Worth remembering though if you were using for example gold embossing powder on white paste!

This process was repeated for the words that I added to the bottom right of the panel. The stencilled words are also on the 13Arts 'Hanging Moon' stencil. 


I'm sure you will have spotted some painty splatters amongst the lovely scattering of golden stars in the paper's design.


I framed the panel with PaperArtsy Snowflake Fresco Finish Paint, spritzed a touch of shimmer and mat n layered it on a double mount of cardstock.
A That's Crafty! 4.5x9inch panel cut to the required size provided the next mount. This was treated to some metallic paint and DecoArt crackle paint. I also added four brads to each of the corners and a further mount - a piece of black mount board I had in my stash. 



Products Used

That's Crafty! White Greyboard Panels 4.5x9inch Square Corners
That's Crafty! Greyboard Long Tags
13Arts 6x6 Paper Pad: Under the Stars  designed by Aida Domisiewicz
Tim Holtz Kraft Stock - Metallic 
Black Cardstock
That's Crafty! Texture Paste 
Metallic Paint
Emerald Creek/ Seth Apter Baked Velvet Embossing Powder: Cloud (from the Neutrals Kit)  
Ranger Perfect Pearls Shimmer Spray- Sadly, I didn't have any of That's Crafty! Lustre Sprays. Their fabulous range can be seen here 
Pens: Black, Brass/ Gold 
That's Crafty! All Purpose Adhesive 
Stencil: 13 Arts -Under The Stars- 'Hanging Moon' designed by Aida Domisiewicz
Heat Gun 
Palette knife
Ranger Cut n Dry Foam 
Paintbrush (for splatters)

I hope you have enjoyed your time here today and that maybe I have offered some creative inspiration . Thanks for  taking the time out of your day to stop by. 
Hope you have a lovely week 
See you soon 
Take Care
Amanda 
x

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Beautiful starry sky, looks fabulous
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda, you really are the Queen of texture, the sky scene is fantastic, I love everything about it, especially how the white looks against that starry background! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the landscape format - just perfect for those delightful dangling heavenly bodies! Beautiful crackle around the frame and I love the depth of the night sky you've created with all that spatter. Magical!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Amanda, Anne and Alison for your lovely kind words and for stopping by . Much appreciated x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook