Birthday Bunny by Fliss Goodwin

11:00


Hello!

I have a bright and cheerful card to share this week featuring my favourite bunny and I think my absolute favourite of Melina's new masks.

What I Did:

The background I created here is all about layering and I used a mixture of Multi Surface Paints and Flat Matte Sprays with the gorgeous Flowers Galore mask.

I cut a square piece of smooth cartridge paper and added a rough coat of diluted Sandstone Multi Surface Paint as my first layer. I placed the mask on top and lightly misted on some Saffron Flat Matte Spray.

The next layer was a touch of Orange Flat Matte Spray followed by Basil around the edges and on the leafy areas in the mask.

I then added detail to the flowers with diluted Multi Surface Ppaints, using Bright Magenta and Purple. As you can see, diluting the paints gives a much more muted and subtle look which is what I wanted as I was aiming for a slightly more grungy vintage style.


I stamped the bunny on a scrap of smooth cartidge paper with black ink and coloured him with Zig Clean Color Brush Markers in various shades, aiming for a more natural look. I then cut him out.

I glued the background paper to a white square card blank and fixed the bunny on the right hand side. I finished off with the sentiment stamped with black ink on a scrap of ink overflow paper with gentle yellow tones on it.

Supplies:

That's Crafty! Clear Stamp Set - Bunny by Melina Dahl
That's Crafty! Clear Stamp Set - Grunge Flowers Set 4 by Melina Dahl
That's Crafty! 6 x 6 Mask - Flowers Galore by Melina Dahl
That's Crafty Flat Matte Sprays - Basil, Orange, Saffron
That's Crafty! Multi Surface Paint - Bright Magenta, Purple, Sandstone
Kuretake Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers
Black Ink
Smooth White Cartridge Paper


Have a great and hopefully crafty weekend and see you next week.

Fliss x

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Loving this Fliss, fabulous designed card, my stamp is on order and can't wait to play with it..xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bright, cheery and very beautiful, I just adore the bunny! Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely card! Fliss . Your bunny sits perfectly amongst the wonderful colours in the background x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook