Kick Starting my Mojo by Amanda Southern

11:00

Hi Everyone
I've been missing for the last couple of weeks as I have just returned from a fabulous cruise holiday and I was so ready for my holiday. I have struggled to get back in to my crafty flow after being away so to kick start my mojo I decided to have a play in my little 3" x 5" greyboard art journal and just throw some paint around.


Here's What I Did:

First thing was to collect together some of my favourite Dinky stencils and a 6" x 6" mask.


Over the roughly gesso'd pages in my little art journal I layered up paint, firstly using a selection of Dylusions paints, roughly moving the blue, which turned green as it blended into the yellow, with my finger. Over that I then added stencilling using my Dinky stencils and a variety of Dina Wakley paints. 

I then brushed red paint over in places and laid the mask into the paint and then removed the paint through the stencil with a baby wipe which then leaves a negative stencil effect. I then stencilled with Dina's white paint through some of the flowers that are within the mask.

Using That's Crafty! black paint I painted the border around the edges and when dry added the white detail using a Posca paint pen.

My image comes from one of Art by Marlene collage books and the sentiment is a Dylusions Bigger Chat sticker, which I cut up and outlined with a black fine liner pen. Both were added to my pages using matt medium.

Here's What I Used:

That's Crafty! Dinky Stencils - Half Circles, Grid, Large Circles, Punchinella & 1/4 Circles
That's Crafty! 6" x 6" Mask designed by Melina - Flowers Galore
Dylusions Paints - London Blue, Lemon Zest & Pure Sunshine
Dina Wakley Paints - Sky, Magenta & Black
That's Crafty! Multi Surface Paints - Christmas Red & Black
Art by Marlene Die Cut Pad #2 not in stock but Die Cut Pad #3 is with similar style images.
You could also stamp and colour your own using stamps by Marlene that are available HERE.

Having made my little pages I'm feeling a bit more in the Zone now!
See you all next Week
Love
Amanda X

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Looks like you had some fabulous painty playtime to get back into the swing of things. I love the layers of stencilling - and the words made me laugh!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeously colourful and detailed Amanda and love the quirky style too. The text made me smile.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome home! Amanda . Such a great way to kickstart your mojo which has resulted in some fab , fun creativity . Loving all that stencilling . Think I need to follow your lead as my mojo is on currently on walkabout .
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook