Embrace the Seasons of your Life .... by Amanda Pink

11:00

Hi Everyone

Welcome to my weekly DT post of Creativity.
This weeks project began its life as a journal page but along the way morphed into an Art Panel. 
 It features words and imagery from one of That's Crafty's stamp set: Lynne's Affirmations Set 7 designed by Lynne Moncrieff. 
This is a fabulous set that includes some thoughtful words and a beautiful image of a Tree stripped of its summer foliage which offered inspiration for my creativity.
I began by applying some torn strips of tissue tape to my journal page. 


The print on the tape was a little dark for the look I was after so I toned it down with some white paint and blended in some really light blue tones as well.
I wanted the background to have some touches of texture so applied some crackle paste here and there


and some texture paste stencilling.


I then stamped the trees in varying tones of black and grey ink to create a sense of depth and distance. 


Using a very thin paintbrush I painted in some grasses to ground the front tree and added some shadowing around the base of the trees in the distance. 


To finish off the back ground I add a little texture stamping, some black gem beads


and some suitable words. 


I also mat n layered the page onto a double mount of card and mount board.



Products Used:

Pink Pig Journal
Cardstock: Ivory
Black Mountboard
Tim Holtz Layering Stencil: Stripes THS004 (currently out of stock.)  Alternative striped/ line stencils can be found herehere and here  
PaperArtsy Stencil: Sara Naumann PS100 
Tim Holtz Tissue Tape
Stamping Platform
Black Gem Beads

I hope you have enjoyed your time here with me today and that maybe I have offered some creative inspiration. Thanks for stopping by .
Wishing you all a great week
Take Care
Amanda
x

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. This is gorgeous and so fitting for the stamps! I love how you added your own special touches around the trees. The background looks wonderful with its layers and texture too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda, this is fabulous, you really have created the most wonderful scene, it is really, really beautiful! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful textures Amanda and the cool neutral tones make a really striking piece of artwork. Not surprised it morphed into a panel either!
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Ann, Anne and Fliss for your lovely kind words . Much appreciated x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply stunning. The monochromatic look is brilliantly bleak and wintry, especially with that weathered crackle and, as I said over at yours, the shadow stamping of the tree is a magical effect.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook