A Little Bit of Magic by Helen Chilton

11:00

I'm back with the acrylic this week, this time two panels that I had in my stash.


I got out a selection of Dinky stencils, various shapes and patterns, and the Pebeo Iridescent paints:


Then I just stencilled away in different colours, pattern over pattern, letting it dry between each layer. This is the back of the panel.


Flip over and you can see the front - looks a right mess!


However here's the same panel again - all I've done is paint over the stencilling on the back with black and the piece is totally different.


The panel on the right is done in the same way but I've painted over the back in white.


I thought the white panel called for some black stencilling with paste:


I also did the same on the other piece:


...but then decided to lighten it up by sprinkling on some yellow/gold powder:


When it's dry, brush off the excess:


Add some text and there you are.


Hope you enjoyed this project and a different way of using the acrylic.

Helen

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. The layers on here look amazing Helen and it's fab how different they look with the black or white on the back.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great creativity , Helen . Wonderful examples of how to create on acrylic . Tfs x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook