Dragonfly Dreams Mixed Media Skinnie by Fliss Goodwin

11:00


Hello!

I'm back today to share a mixed media creation featuring Melina's gorgeous dragonfly stamp which is one of my absolute favourite images which I know will get inked up a lot as I love it so much.

What I Did:

My substrate here is one of the gorgeous MDF skinnies, in this case the 6 x 6 one as I find squares are my main go to shape. I assembled the skinnie first, gluing it all together with That's Crafty! Multi Purpose Adhesive, using the pen form which is perfect for gluing MDF substrates together.

I covered the skinnie with a piece of background paper that I made using one of the new masks with a mix of flat matte and lustre sprays. I began with aqua flat matte spray, followed by basil and then finished off with aqua and lilac lustre sprays. There is shimmer although you can't see it that well in the photo. It ended up quite grungy too but I like the watery effect it gave.

I stamped the dragonfly with black ink on spray overflow paper in shades of orange and green, heat embossing the image with sparkly embossing powder. I then cut the image out. I stamped the text from the stamp set with black ink and cut it into separate word tiles. I glued this in place and added the dragonfly next to it.

I felt my panel needed an extra something but as I didn't have any waterlilies (as I do now!), I stamped one of the grunge flowers on reddish orange spray overflow paper and cut the images in half, gluing them across the base to finish.


Supplies:

Sparkly Embossing Powder 


Have a great weekend and see you next week.

Fliss x



You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. I have to be honest Fliss, it took me a while to look beyond that stunning dragonfly! The background colours are beautiful and I love those fabulous flowers at the bottom. Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Fliss showcasing the dragonfly fabulously
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the mottled effect of the background and the dragonfly truly glitters in all its glory .
    Wonderful Fliss x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook