Home by Amanda Southern

11:00

Hi Everyone
I'm back with you this Tuesday playing once again in my small, That's Crafty!, 3" x 5" greyboard art journal. This time my pages feature Carabelle Studio stamps designed by Kate Crane.


Here's What I Did:
I began by building my background colours by choosing a selection of That's Crafty! Multi Surface Paints and blending them onto the pages with a broad paint brush, I don't let each colour dry as I like the brush to blend together some of the colours.


For this project I chose the colours Teal, Bright Magenta, Light Blue and Yellow. 
Next stage was to add some stencilling using a That's Crafty! Dinky Stencil using the Light Blue paint and applied through the stencil using Cut & Dry Foam.


I then added further stencilling in yellow and teal on top using parts of a Carabelle Studio stencil.
Over that I stencilled the clouds from a That's Crafty! stencil using heavy gesso and when that was dry I added a little Broken China Distress Crayon.

Next was to add my stamped images using a selection of Kate Cranes stamps. To colour the house I stamped the house onto a scrap piece of white card using a stamping platform. Leaving the stamp and card in place on the stamping platform I added the same coloured paints that I had used for the background and then stamped the image again over the top of the paint. Using a red coloured pencil I coloured the hearts.


I then cut it out.
I painted some more scrap card with That's Crafty! paints and stamped the flowers onto it and cut out the flowers. I stamped the flowers directly onto my background and then pieced the flowers onto their stems. The stems and leaves were painted using Lime That's Crafty! paint.


To finish I added a lot of doodling using a white gel pen and went around the edges with a black fine liner pen.


My sentiment I found on the internet and typed out on my old typewriter and doodled around again using a black fineline pen.

Here's What I Used:
Carabelle Studio Stencil - For the Love of Layers
That's Crafty! 8"x 8" Stencil - Hearts & Clouds TC8045
Carabelle Studio Stamp Set - Home Sweet Home by Kate Crane
Tim Holtz Distress Crayon - Broken China 
Wide Paint Brush
Type Writer
Have a fabulous creative week and I will see you all next Tuesday
Love
Amanda X

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. That's so pleasing - the colours are gentle yet cheerful, and the little house is really cute, and works so well with the words.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning pages Amanda. The background is just gorgeous and love how you stamped the images on painted papers. They go so well yet pop against the background.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous pages , Amanda . Love all the stencilled detail - you always seem to get your choice of stencils spot on ! Wonderful stamped imagery and love the red hearts - they really do 'pop'. Great quote x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook