Pack Your Suitcase by Liz Wheeler

11:00

Happy Monday That's Crafty Creatives!

As it's summer holiday season I thought I'd create a fun photo album using some Stamperia Moulds and airdry clay.


I started by casting the suitcase fittings from Stamperia's Lady Vagabond Lifestyle mould and the gentleman traveller from the Around the World - Train mould with Creative Paperclay. After leaving to harden I painted with a selection of That's Crafty! Multi Surface paints and let them dry.



Whilst they dried I made the base for the photo album. I started with a piece of card measuring 11.5 x 7.5 inches and scored along the long edge at 4.5, 4.75, 9.25, 9.5 inches,  I adhered pieces of Stamperia's Around the World 12 x 12 paper pad to the front and back cover, leaving a gap on the two spines. I edged the covers with Ground Espresso Distress Oxide.




I glued some card to the back of the suitcase handle with That's Crafty! Multi purpose Adhesive and glued the handle to the front flap of the case cover. I also glued down the latch pieces to the front flap to make the cover look like a closed suitcase.



For the inside I scored 2 pieces of 16.5 x 4.5 inch card at 5.5 and 11 inches to create a concertina, and adhered both concertina pieces to the inside cover - each to fold outwards in opposite directions. I also glued on the gentleman traveller figure. To make sure the flap was secure I used two sets of hook and loop fasteners. 



Such a quick and fun project! Happy Crafting!



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook