Bloom - A Funky Floral Collage by Fliss Goodwin

11:00

 

Hello!

I'm still in collage mode so this week I have an MDF Chunkie to share that I altered up collage style to form a background for some of Melina's gorgeous funky floral stamps which are one of my absolute favourites - I love their bold and graphic style so much.

Step by Step:

I assembled my MDF Chunkie first with That's Crafty! Multi Purpose Adhesive as I knew I wanted to cover the front with paper. I looked through my stash of ink spray overflow papers and found jus the one I wanted and it fit the bill perfectly. As you can see, it has a square bit where I pressed and inky stencil amongst all the other ink sections.


I covered my Chunkie front with this piece which I cut out from the background. It was an inky back of the fab funky leaves mask designed by Melina.


I next added some stamping with some of the elements from one of Melina's funky floral sets. I used both black and pink ink - the pink to echo the pink in the background.


I then added some collage layers which were torn pieces from my scraps of the collage backgrounds paper set from That's Crafty!


It might look a bit strange at the moment but once the embellishments are added it all comes together well. I stamped some of the funky florals on white smooth stamping card with black ink and coloured them with watercolour markers in bold shades to tone with the background.


I decided to give the flowers a bit of dimension before adding them to the background so I dug out my box of MDF scrap pieces as some of the smaller elements pushed out of cogs etc. are fabulous for raising up elements to the foreground.


Once everything was dry, I glued all the flowers and leaves in place and finished off with the Bloom text cut from one of the collage papers. Here's a closer look at my flowers.


Supplies:


Have a great weekend and see you next week.

Fliss x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook