To Travel ...... by Gill Humphrey

11:00


This weeks make is definitely a papercrafting one with just a little bit of paint added for splatters. I have worked with 8 x 8 Around The World papers  along with Ephemera from the collection along with both sets of the rub ons - Balloons and Monuments. For the base of the tags I have used Greyboard #8 Tags.



The process for each tag is essentially the same so that they have a cohesive feel. To start with I covered both sides of the base tag with paper from the 8 x 8 pad - you will get two sides out of each 8 x 8  piece making the set relatively economical to make. On top of the base paper I positioned layered paper elements cut from the papers - distressing the edges with the edge of my scissors and then adding Vintage Photo Distress Oxide ink completely matt. Next I selected rub ons - cutting up the bigger ones to make the sets go further and elements from the ephemera pack - again cutting down some of the bigger ones so they worked better for the tag sizes. Having decided placement I then adhered everything in place with mu glue of choice for this project Stamperia Matt Glue.
 


To tie all of the layers together I then added faux stitching using a black micron pen to all of the paper elements before using the same pen to draw around the edges of the ephemera pieces. Finally I added splatters of watered down black and white Allegro paints. 

Whilst I have added some rustic string to the tops of my tags you could just as easily add a book ring and make it into a tag book instead. I think this is a very mindful project to make and hope you do too.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook