Little Miss Bookworm by Liz Wheeler

11:00

Happy Monday That's Crafty Creatives!

Today's project is a fun Travel Journal using my Journal It Templates Set 2, Stamperia stamps, Pentart Matte Acrylics, Versafine Clair Inks and a fun Quirky Character from Art by Marlene.


I started by drawing around the Tall Notes template from Set 2 onto card and cut out. I glued a strip of calico fabric around the centre of the spine with some That's Crafty! Multi Purpose Adhesive and painted with Pentart Matte Acrylic Magenta. Once dried I added cartridge paper to both sides of the cover and glued down, then painted that with Pentart Matte Rose.








To decorate I used Stanperia's Create Happiness Welcome Home Clocks and Create Happiness Elements stamps with Versafine Clair Charming PinkMorning MistTwilight, and Acorn ink pads. I stamped randomly across both sides of the cover to create a fun abstract background. Once done, I edged around the cover with the Morning Mist ink.



I repositioned the template back over the cover and marked the holes for my inner signatures. I poked out with my pokey tool and threaded elastic through to create 4 sections for inserts and a closure for the book. To add more detail, I added faux stitching with a Fine Black Posca Pen, then added signatures to my book, using the inner page template. Finally I glued one of the Art by Marlene Quirky People Elements to the front of the book with multi purpose glue.






A fun, colourful and quick project and great to capture your summer memories. 

Happy Crafting!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook