Number 93 by Liz Wheeler

11:00

Happy Monday That's Crafty Creatives!

Today's project is a little top tab pocket journal using my Journal It Templates Set 5 and AALL & Create's new stamps from Tracy Evans Hexapetalistic.


I started by drawing around the Tag Top cover template (1a) onto cardboard and covering with cartridge paper, gluing down with That's Crafty! Multipurpose Adhesive.

I painted both the front and back covers with That's Crafty! Multi Surface paint Light Blue using vertical brushstrokes very lightly. Once dry I then applied a wash of That's Crafty! Multi Surface paint Chestnut Brown lightly over the blue to create a rustic wood effect. 





I stamped the circular 93 stamp from the set 3 times onto white card with Versafine Clair Nocturne and added Wow! Clear Gloss embossing powder. After heat setting I cut them down so I could layer the images on top of each other to create a decoupage effect. I painted the three images with That's Crafty! Multi Surface paint in Chestnut BrownYellow and Bright Red then layered with scrap pieces of card, gluing down with the multi purpose adhesive. 







For the inside pages I drew around template 1B onto cartridge paper, cut out, scored, and glued the flaps to create 4 pocket pages. I stamped each with another of the floral images from the set with Versafine Clair Morning Mist. I drew around template 1C onto cardstock to create 4 pocket tags. I painted the tops of the tags to match the cover effect and inserted in the pockets. For the pages of the journal I drew around template 1B again but this time leaving out the tabs, so I was left with folded page inserts. 







I used the cover template to add 3 hole marks to the covers and inside pages and punched out with my punch tool. I then added 3 book rings to hold the book together. 




I love the versatility of this journal, mixing pocket pages with folded double pages and using the book rings means I can keep adding to it. Enjoy !


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook