Bon Voyage by Liz Wheeler

12:10

Happy Monday That's Crafty Creatives! Today's project is all about the summer holidays - with a little suitcase gift box using my new Journal It Templates Set 6 and Stamperia's Around the World 12x12 inch paper pad.


To start I drew around the suitcase template (2A) onto a piece of the scrapbook paper. Once cut out, I scored and folded all the score lines toward the centre of the case - all in one direction. I applied glue to the back of the side tabs and to the left and right outer tabs of the side of the case, then tucking the small side tabs between the inner and outer tabs of each side, folded over, creating the base of the case.
 





For the lid, I applied glue to the two small side tabs then folded around at the corners. 
+


For the straps I drew around template 2B twice onto card stock and painted one side with That's Crafty! Multi Surface Paint in Chestnut Brown. I also drew around the corner tab decoration on template 2A four times on some of the leftover scrapbook paper and again painted with the Chestnut Brown. For the handle, I drew around the template onto cardstock, cut out, painted the back and then marked the areas where I needed to apply glue. I creased the handle with my fingers to create a curve then I stuck the handle onto the side of the case, making sure it was positioned just below where the lid come down, and making sure that there were 2 gaps without glue for the strap to slide into for the closure.




For the decorative tabs, I creased the sides and glued to the four corners, ensuring the curved part was facing towards the centre of the case. 



To attach the straps, I added a blob of glue just above the handle gap, and slid the two ends of the straps underneath, lining it with the top of the case side. I then glued the straps in place around the suitcase just to the end of the top. The two tabs of the straps could then be freely tucked under the handle, creating the closure for the suitcase. 






To decorate, I cut out some ephemera from the paper pad and glued to the front. Finally, I drew around a tag template from my Journal It Templates Set 1 onto card, cut out and inked with Ground Espresso Distress Oxide. I wrote a 'Bon Voyage' then tied string around the tag and handle, then added a mini lapbook and some Euros inside the suitcase.




A really fun project to create, and I love that the main body of the suitcase is just in one piece making it easy to put together. 

Happy Holidays!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook