Beauty by Gill Humphrey

11:00


It's strange how things coincide, the background for my canvas had been created long before Liz Wheeler's post for this week had appeared but we have both chosen to use the Pentart Liquid Watercolours. Of course we have used them  in completely different ways as they are incredibly versatile.

I started out with a canvas approximately 21xm wide by 30cm high and added some white Modeling Paste through the Manuscript and Rose stencil and left it to dry. I then sprayed the canvas with water and dropped in Sky Blue and Apple Green Liquid Watercolours before brushing them out and allowing the colours to merge. I then decided to dirty it up a little by adding a very small amount of the Sand watercolour. Whilst the watercolour liquids were out I dyed some gauze with the three colours.

I then created a background collage with pieces cut from two of the papers in the 12x 12 Rose Parfume paper pad layering these on top of each other - the top piece is layered on some scrap cardboard to add depth and allow for fussy cut elements from the papers to be tucked underneath.

I chose two make two resin pieces with Amazing Casting Resin and the Fragrance mould for the scent bottle and the Plates mould for the title piece. These were painted with White Primer Paste before adding Old Ivory paint. The resin pieces were then sealed with Pouring Glaze before aging with Umbra Patina (Antiquing paste can be used instead). I then dragged Black Soot Archival ink over the raised elements before adding some Gold Metallic Wax.

Having created my pieces I then layered them into place using Express Glue for the paper elements and Heavy Body Gel Matte for the more dimensional pieces. I added an ephemera lady from the Frames and Ladies pack (although a Tim Holtz paper doll would work if you can't find these) along side the two perfume bottles from the Wooden Shapes pack before adding splashes of watered down white acrylic paint. 

I thoroughly enjoyed making this piece of wall art however it can easily be adapted to a journal page by leaving out the resin pieces and substituting more fussy cut perfume bottles.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook