Collage Papers To The Rescue by Fliss Goodwin

11:00

 

Hello!

This week I have a collage to share that came about in a flash (unusually for me too!) as I was really short on time. In need of a crafty fix, my stash of collage papers designed by Melina Dahl came to the rescue. These are so versatile even little bits can be used on other projects.

Step by Step:

My chosen substrate is an MDF Chunkie, the 4 x 6ins size which I assembled first before creating mt collage.

Once all glued together, I covered the front with a piece of the collage paper. As you can see, it makes a perfect background with all the work done for you.

I then set about adding some layers, choosing a co-ordinating scrap to tear out a circle echoing the one already on the background. I used a circle die as a guide for tearing the circle from the paper.


I inked the edges of the paper with black to make the circle stand out more.

I then cut out a leafy sprig from another scrap to add to the collage.

I stamped a butterfly on smooth stamping card with black ink and coloured the image with toning watercolour markers, then cut the image out.

I cut a floral spray from one of my other scraps to add to the collage.

I assembled the embellishments and then glued all the layers in place, finishing with text cut from another scrap and happily toning in with the rest of the elements. 



Supplies:


Have a great weekend and see you next week with aother part of my kraft card experimentation.

Fliss x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook