Anyone for Tea? by Liz Wheeler

11:00

Happy Monday lovely That's Crafty! Creatives. 

Today's project is a cute little pop up card using the sweet new Create Happiness Welcome Home stamps from Stamperia.


To create my card base I started by drawing round a ribbon spool twice, overlapping at the centre on some white card. I then scored a line where the two circles overlapped, to create my fold. I then cut the card shape out and folded in half.
 




I then drew around a double sided tape spool to create a smaller circle. (You could use something like a bowl and a saucer to recreate)

To decorate, I sponged Distress Oxides in Saltwater Taffy and Twisted Citron (my new favourite colour!). I then stamped the mixed floral image from the set randomly on both card shapes with Jet Black Stazon. Finally I edged with Candied Apple Distress Oxide.





On another piece of card I sponged the Candied Apple and Twisted Citron then with the Jet Black Stazon I stamped the tea cups and tea pot from the stamp set. I cut them out, then decorated with Opaque White Gelli-roll pen from Sakura and Peacock Feathers Distress Oxide. I also stamped the sentiment from the set and cut around the shape of the letters.




To construct the card, I scored the smaller circle down the centre and then half of one semi-circles and applied Multi Purpose glue to the back of the right hand arc, sticking it to the centre of the card blank. I added foam pads the the back of the sentiment and stuck it in front of the centre circle to create a buffer stop when the centre circle was folded backwards. 





I added a double layer of foam pads to the bottom half of the stack of cups and stuck it to the folded half of the centre circle. For the tea pot, I cut a small rectangle of the coloured card and scored in half. One half was adhered to the bottom of the tea pot and the other to the card blank, positioning it so that the spout was touching the cups. The pop up could then be folded down flat for posting.







A quirky make, but one I'll be making again and again.

Happy Crafting!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook