Art Factory by Helen Chilton

11:00


I'm using gilding flakes again this week plus some of the 13Arts papers I had left from last time.
The stencil I chose this time was for a leaf. This fern leaf is a lovely shape and I use it a lot. I applied the glue to the dye inked background again and then left it until tacky.


Then apply the flakes, gold this time and brush off the excess.


It didn't matter that some of the glue had squidged about as I wanted to cut the leaves out anyway.


After that, stamp the bird onto a scrap of the paper.


I added a touch of colour with Distress Watercolour pencils and I added a touch to the background as well. The background here actually comes from the Tag Book packaging.


Then just cut out any images from the papers that you like and layer up with the leaves, bird and text.




Stencil images that you can cut out look great when gilded. I used a coloured background so that any tiny bits that didn't gild wouldn't be too obvious. 

Hope you've enjoyed this project!

Helen

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook