It's in the Eye of the Beholder by Helen Chilton

11:00


I'm doing a journaling page this week based on the page you see below. Not that it turned out anything like that! I think I pulled this from a gelli print but I can't really remember!


 I started by adding colour - Hansa Yellow...


white...


Then I thought I'd use a stencil and add more of the yellow. The paint was still wet between layers so the stencil left a great pattern in the white paint.


Then I added Dairylide Yellow


Then Primary Magenta. Each time I just brayered the colour straight over.


After that I brayered some black onto the stencil itself, flipped it over and stamped with it.


The white circle of card was pressed onto the background to pick up some of the colours and then stamped over in black paint.


I decided to introduce some circle patterns in Peacock Feathers. The pattern looked like the iris of an eye which fit the theme perfectly.


Then just stamp the eye onto a Craftyboard circle, colour in and layer onto a magenta painted circle.


I like building up pages like this - I had no idea what I was going to use when I started but just went with the flow.

Hope you've enjoyed it.

Helen

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook