Versatile Kraft Part Two - Collage Style by Fliss Goodwin

11:00

 

Hello!

I'm here on a Sunday this week with the next part of my exploration into using kraft card in different ways and this time I decided on collage as this style is so me as I'm sure you know.

Step By Step:

The post is a little photo heavy so you might need a cuppa before you start reading.

The cards are actually kraft on kraft but as you'll see, you can make them quite different with the use of stamping and stencilling and a bit of work with ink pads.

White Floral Card

I cut a piece of kraft card to fit my 5 x 7 card blank and used Distress Oxide ink dabs in Fossilized Amber and Bundled Sage all over following up with a mandala mask and white gesso on the left side over the top of the inks. As you'll see, the inks come through a bit and give an interesting look to the background.


I next added some stamping with texture and text images from one of Melina's funky floral sets - these are so useful. I used Distress Oxide vintage photo for the text and black for the texture stamp.


I then prepared some further layering elements, cutting some squares from the leftover kraft card strip. I stencilled or stamped on these using the same stencil and ink colours. I used a stitch ruler and fine black pen to add a faux stitched look round the edges of all the elements.


I stamped my chosen flower on smooth white stamping card with black ink. I added just a touch of colour with watercolour markers and cut the image out.

I assembled my card, adding a blue paper mat to the kraft panel before gluing to the card blank. I glued on the layered elements and finished off with text stamped on a scrap of kraft card which I stencilled as for the other pieces.



Pink Floral Card

The second card is created in a similar way, using 2 sections for the background instead of one. The right hand panel uses the mandala stencil with light pink multi surface paint and the left side bundled sage Distress Oxide pressed on.


I stamped on the Oxide panel with texture stamps from the same set, using worn lipstick Distress Oxide for one and black ink for the other.


As for the white floral card, I then created further layering elements, this time die cut circles which I stencilled and stamped in the same manner. I also added faux black stitching to all pieces.

TIP: To add stitching to the circles, I used the circle dies as a guide for where to pierce the holes. It came out a little wonky but that's very like my machine stitching!!!


I stamped another flower for this card, colouring partly with pink shades and cut this out.

I finished off as before, adding a pink mat for this one.




Supplies:

Kraft Card

See you next time on my usual day which changed this week due to computer issues.

Fliss x

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Fliss you are one creative lady, I love your stencil work and adore your gorgeous stamp designs xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your much appreciated kind comment Annie xx

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook