Daisy Heart Tag by Liz Wheeler

11:00

Happy Monday That's Crafty Creatives!

For today's project I'm using one of AALL & Create's new set of stamps Forget Me Not by Tracy Evans and a large That's Crafty! MDF Tag.


I started by painting the tag with That's Crafty! White Gesso. Then with That's Crafty! Texture Paste and mini stencil Fancy Lattice I added some stencilling randomly across the tag. 




I dried with a heat gun (as I'm impatient!} then added colour by mixing the white gesso with That's Crafty! Purple Multi-Surface Paint




Once dry, I inked the daisy stamp with Versafine Clair Twilight and added random stamping across the tag - just pressing down on small areas of the stamp. I stamped the image again onto white card, then tore sections of it and adhered to the tag with That's Crafty! Multi Purpose Craft Adhesive.




I added streaks of That's Crafty! Ocean Multi Surface paint across the tag, letting it drip down in places. I watered some of it down to add a wash over the ripped paper elements. Once dry I added the white gesso with a dry brush over the raised stencilling elements - wiping off excess paint on a scrap piece of paper. 




For the focal point, I stamped the daisy image again onto white card. I added some of the watered down Ocean paint around the edges of the main elements of the image then tore around it. I glued 2 layers of scrap card underneath to add depth, then glued this to my tag.  







For the finishing touches I added a daisy from my stash, and some blue string threaded through the top hole. I finished by adding That's Crafty! Metallic Gold Multi Surface Paint randomly around the tag, the centre of my flower and on the centre of the stamped daisy. 




I really enjoyed creating this grungy tag, and love the colour combo of the purple, ocean blue and metallic gold paints. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook