Delft in Amsterdam by Fliss Goodwin

11:00

 

Hello!

This week has seen the launch of some fabulous brand new kits in the That's Crafty! online shop and I've been lucky enough to get to play with these amazing Dutch style house kits. As I love the blue and white Delft pottery, I just had to give mine those colours.

Step by Step:

As I knew I wanted to mainly use paint on my houses, I assembled them all apart from the roof elements and all the additional decorative elements before starting to paint them.

I used Light Blue on the Farol one, then added in a small amount of Bright Blue for the Flores one to create a deeper colour. The Amsterdam one is Midnight mixed with Light Blue and Bright Blue to create the darkest hue.

I then decorated all the additional elements with colours shown below:

Farol - the frames, door frame and roof were painted with Bright Blue with a touch of white. The lintels were painted Ivory.

Flores - the window frames were painted with Midnight, the door frame, lintels and cills Ivory. The flat roof section was painted Light Blue mixed with Bright Blue and then stencilled with Ivory using the Floral Background Dinky stencil.

Amsterdam - all window frames and the upper decorations were painted Ivory and the door frame painted Midnight. The lintels are all painted Midnight. I created the roof section by stencilling on paper with the Floral Background Dinky stencil and Texture Paste. I painted it with blue and white when dry.

I glued all the elements together adding the steps and base which were painted in toning shades of blue.




Supplies:


Have a great weekend and see you next week.

Fliss x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook