It's a Kind of Magic by Liz Wheeler

11:00

Happy Monday That's Crafty! Creatives. After watching a tribute band this weekend I was inspired by one of the songs to create this little card using the Magician stamp from the Katzelkraft Sherlock Holmes set.


I started by stamping the image with Versafine Clair - Nocturne 3 times onto white card, as I wanted to layer the magician. To add colour to the little character I wiped Distress Oxide inks on a glass mat and used a thin paint brush with a little water to colour in. For the face I used Victorian Velvet, for the top hat Black Soot, and the clothes Uncharted MarinerCandied Apple and Lucky Clover. (I had used Mustard Seed on one layer, but preferred the Lucky Clover as the top body layer.



I cut the images out so that I could 3d them and layered up with foam pads from my stash. I also added a dot of Sakura Opaque White Gel pen to the magician's eyes. 



For the background I wanted something quick, so got out my 3" x 5" Gel Press plate. I wiped the Uncharted Mariner and Lucky Clover Distress Oxides onto the plate and blended with my roller. I then applied Candied Apple Distress Oxide through That's Crafty! Dinky Star Shower stencil. I pulled a print from that, then applied more of the Candied Apple and Uncharted Mariner through the stencil. 

I cut the print to leave a small white border and drew 2 scribbly frames with a Posca Extra Fine black pen.







I edged the print with the Candied Apple and mounted onto a white folded card. Finally I added my magician and rabbit in a hat, and a hand written sentiment and mounted with foam pads. 




A fun card, and a quick make if you've forgotten someone's birthday! (which I'm forever doing).
Happy Crafting !

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Liz nothing like a katzelkraft stamp to bring a smile upon one's face, I have these critters all sorts and love them.. great make and happy colours xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook