Bloom by Liz Wheeler

17:34

Happy Monday lovely That's Crafty Creatives! 

Today's project is using a simple technique for those of you who love a bit of a watercolour effect!


I started with Pentart Liquid Watercolours in PinkRed and Apple Green and Melina's Floral Set 3.



I squeezed a very small amount of the red and pink watercolour ink directly onto the petal areas of the stamp and the green on the leaves. Then with a paintbrush, spread the colours lightly across the stamp. 




I spritzed lightly with water (the spritzer was approximately 12 inches from the stamp) then pressed white card onto the stamp, gently rubbing the surface of the card with my hand, 



Carefully peeling the card off the stamp, it reveals a beautiful watercolour flower. 


If you wanted, you could drag some of the colour from the darker areas to fill in some of the white space, but I love the effect of just using the watercolour as the outline. As the Pentart Liquid Watercolour is so intense, that one application will create several impressions, simply by spritzing lightly again with water on the stamp - each time the image gets lighter and lighter. 


To create my card I tore around the edge of the card and painted some of the pink liquid watercolour around the torn edges. This card was then mounted on another piece of contrast card, again torn around the edges. Before sticking to my card base I cut a piece of lace from my stash and adhered to the left hand side of the card with That's Crafty! Multi Purpose Adhesive. I folded both edges of the lace over and attached to the inside of the card with two strips of card and the multipurpose glue. 
I adhered the floral topper onto the card front and finally added a hand-written sentiment on white card, edging with the pink liquid watercolour. 










A beautiful card, ready for the Spring, and a technique that means you can make more than one card at a time, with one application of the Liquid Watercolours!

Happy Crafting!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Gorgeous ❤️❤️ watercolour card and I personally love Melina Dahl stamps, trouble is I don't have enough of them x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook