It's Always Tea Time Here by Liz Wheeler

11:00

Happy New Year lovely That's Crafty! Creatives.

For today's project it had to be tea-themed. We drink buckets of it in our house and the fabulous That's Crafty! Tea-pot Teabag House is ideal for keeping our fruit tea selection in.


Construction of the house is very straightforward, however I would recommend painting the interior before you glue the pieces together - just avoid the tabs and areas where you will add glue. (I didn't paint first, and it was a little awkward painting the interior especially when the lid was attached!)





I used That's Crafty! Multi Purpose Craft Glue to stick all the pieces together. 

Once the glue had dried I painted the whole house with Pentart Matte Acrylic Rose. Then using the MDF waste I traced around the 4 walls of the piece and the lid onto Alice Wall Texture Rice Paper from Stamperia. I used a thin, wet paintbrush to trace around my pencil line and once the water from the brush had soaked through, I gently tore around the shapes. I adhered the rice paper with Pentart Varnish and Glue, adding a layer of the glue over the top of the rice paper too to create a permanent seal. 





To add a final sparkle of colour I edged around the rice paper, and around the base with Rich Hobby Gold Glitter Paint.

From a Stamperia 6 x 6 Alice in Wonderland Paper Pad I cut out the Drink Me message and glued it onto some spare mountboard and cut around the shape of the frame. I punched two holes in both the frame and the teapot spout and threaded string through to attach the frame. 




A fun and practical project - and who doesn't like a bit of Alice in Wonderland Tea Pot loveliness!

Happy Crafting!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook