Gilding and Die Cuts by Helen Chilton

11:00




I'm using the gilding flakes with cutting dies this week, and it produces beautiful results. Now you could die cut and then add the gilding glue, but as these die cuts are very delicate I decided to work the other way round.
Cover some card with the gilding glue and let it go tacky.


I then put the flakes on top. It takes a bit of patience but is worth it in the end. I was going to stick with one colour, but then decided to mix it up a bit.

I'm using some Studio Light dies.


Arrange on the gilded surface - you can also cut the bent stalk from underneath so it faces the other way.


I stamped this AALL&Create background for my long tag.


Then I spritzed an acrylic block (rather dirty in this case!) with Distress Oxide Spray and swooshed the tag in the ink.

Repeat with the yellow.


Then I stamped some small flowers over the top in Peacock Feathers Distress Oxide ink.


Then just layer up and finish off.



I'm definitely going to be creating more die cuts in this way and also mixing up the metallic colours - it works really well.

Have fun experimenting!

Helen

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook