Behind the Curtain by Liz Wheeer

11:00

Happy Monday That's Crafty Creatives! 

Well another week into January and the weather is still grey and grim. So to cheer us up I have stepped into Wonderland again and created this secret box using a fabulous MDF Upright from That's Crafty! and some gorgeous Stamperia accessories.


I started with a large Art Shrine from That's Crafty! and glued the base frame together with Multi Purpose Glue.


I painted the frame and the shrine with Pentart Matte Blue Acrylic paint. I then drew around the inside of the top frame onto a piece of Stamperia's Wonderland paper and cut out. This was then glued inside the shrine.




For the front of the frame, I used Delight Air Dry Clay with Stamperia's Daydream Window. Once unmoulded I painted with Pentart Matte Acrylic Rose and the Blue. I glued some card strips to the back to strengthen, then glued to the frame. 


 



I used the waste piece from the frame and glued some more of the Stamperia paper to the front and back of the MDF.



I cut strips of the waste MDF and glued to the back of the frame to add some dimension, then glued the middle section back on the frame. 




I added a clay word frame from the Stamperia Alice range - painted it with the blue and edged with Metallic Antique Gold. Finally I dry brushed Pentart Matte White over the frame to add some texture, then edged with the Gold paint. 



I loved how this project worked out, and how you can mix and match the Stamperia ranges to create a cohesive piece. The top frame fits snugly into the shrine to create a hidden storage box. 



I hope you all have a fabulous week. Happy Crafting!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook