New Year, New Home by Fliss Goodwin

11:00

 

Happy New Year!

I can't believe it's 2023 already as last year seemed to fly by in the blink of an eye! My first post of the year is a card suitable for anyone who has a new home - something happening a lot at the moment in my family with my niece and nephew having recently aquired their own homes and our eldest trying to do the same.

Step by Step:

I really love the collage papers designed by Melina as they're perfect for when you need a card quickly and this one came together in a flash.

I cut a piece of thick white cartridge paper to fit my chosen card blank and used one of the gorgeous masks from Melina with That's Crafty! flat matte sprays to add a pattern at one side only. I used bluebell and rose for this. The other side has grass green and a little orange (this crept in by mistake as I was doing something else at the same time!)

I turned the paper so the stencilled pattern was at the top and glued the panel to my card blank.

I next looked through the collage papers and chose the piece with a house collage on. I trimmed out the leafy sprig on the side leading round to the houses, cutting those out too and leaving the bricks and base piece in place as shown above.

I glued this in place on the background leaving a little of the bottom showing underneath. I cut out the silhouette leaf sprig from the collage sheet and added this on the left side. I added some pastel colour to the other leaf sprig with pencils.

I finished off with stamped text which I stamped with black ink on a small scrap of collage paper - nothing gets wasted with these as all pieces are so versatile.


Supplies:



Have a great weekend and see you next week.

Fliss x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook