The Gnome Dome by Fliss Goodwin

11:00

 

Hello!

This week I have a project to share that's actually easier to make than you might think as clever Kelly O'Gorman creates the most versatile detailed images that do quite a lot of the work for you but it's good to be able to make them really yours as I've done here.

Step by Step:

I stamped the gnome cloche on a piece of smooth white stamping card with black ink and coloured just the images (leaving the surround as it was) as I planned on cutting them out to give a more dimensional look to my project.

I coloured a piece of smooth cartridge paper with Flat Matte Sprays using Green and Yellow at the base going up to Orange and Pink at the top. I then stamped the cloche image on with black ink and cut it out.

Laura and Graham designed a very clever MDF shape which matches the cloche exactly. I painted the top section of the MDF piece black and glued my stamped image in place. I cut the extra coloured images out and rounded them with an embossing ball tool before sticking them in place.

I then prepared the bottom section on which I used a spatula to apply sand texture paste roughly all over. Once it was dry, I painted the pieces with Evergreen Multi Surface Paint.

I glued all the sections together to finish.


Supplies:

Have a great weekend and see you next week.

Fliss x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook