Aviation Upright by Gill Humphrey

11:00


Creating pieces just for the joy of making is an essential part of my daily life - it grounds me and helps with ensuring that my mental health stays in a good place. This weeks make is just such a piece and I do hope you like it.

I started by taking an Torn Edge Upright and painted the surface with Black Primer Paste. Once the primer paste had dried I took the Wall and Pipes stencil and applied a mixture of Deluxe Paste through the stencil mixing the colours as I went - I used Platinum, Anthracite and Emerald for this but you can use any mix you choose. I love the Deluxe Pastes as they have a slightly rough surface when dry but also add a metallic sheen to the finished piece.

I prepared a resin propeller from a mould using Amazing Casting Resin and once it was set primed it with black gesso before adding the same colours of Deluxe Pastes used for the background stencilling - this gives the resin piece an aged metallic feel which I love.

I also added some Deluxe Paste to the reverse side of a few of the clear die cuts from the Lady Vagabond collection - using Truffle and Anthracite for the cat, Truffle, Champagne (mix Truffle with Pearl to lighten as the Champagne is currently out of stock) and a little touch of Emerald for the cats eyes. The suitcases were coloured with Truffle, Rose Gold, Champagne and Emerald and the goggles and telescope just with Anthracite.

Having completed all of the preparation I layered some papers from the 8 x 8 Sir Vagabond Aviator collection on the Upright and then added the emellishments as shown. The die cuts and resin were applied using heavy body gel - this gel does not dry clear which allowed me to have some milkyness for the cats eyes and lenses of the goggles.

I do hope you like this make which is super easy to make. Below is its companion place created in the same way with slightly different colour ways for the stencilling.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook