Funky Floral Card by Fliss Goodwin

11:00


 Hello!

I have another card to share this week, this time a mixed media one with some of the gorgeous funky floral designs by Melina Dahl which I love for their quirky look.
 
Step by Step:
 
I don't actually have complete process photos for this card as it was a go with the flow sort of project but it's quite easy to see the background for the flowers so I'll list what I did to achieve the effect. 

I cut a piece of thick white cartridge paper to fit my chosen square kraft card. The background came about in layers. The first one used the floral mix mask with Spun Sugar Oxide ink to add a pattern all over the paper.

The next layer used the Funky Arches mask to add some pattern around the outer edges with Bundled Sage Oxide ink.

I then did some stamping, using the scribbly text stamp from the set with the sage ink and the crosses stamp with Hickory Smoke Oxide ink .

I next stamped both sets of Funky Flowers on the background with black ink. I stamped the tulip style ones on either side and the daisy style image in the centre, overlapping the stamping.

I stamped the just flower heads again, 2 sets of the tulip style and 1 of the daisy style on white stamping card using black ink. I coloured the images with markers and cut them out.

I coloured the stalks on the background paper with markers and glued the flower heads in place.

I finished off with text from the stamp set, stamped on black paper and heat embossed with pearl powder.




Supplies:


Have a great weekend and see you next week.

Fliss x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook