Winter Wishes by Helen Chilton

11:00


I've been playing with my Gel Press this week to create a Christmassy plaid background. I took the plaid stencil and brayered Lime paint over it.


Let it dry, slightly move the stencil and brayer with Ocean.


Let it dry again, shift the stencil and brayer over with Bright Magenta.


When dry, brayer over the whole surface with white.


Then take a piece of copy paper, press down on the back and rub really well. Pull off slowly to reveal the background. 
Note: you need to use paper not card, as card doesn't pick up the pattern as well.


I tried it twice with different effects - I think I changed the order of the paint colours which is why one is greener than the other.


Choose which section you like and cover a long tag.


Stamp the large snowflake in white paint.


Then stamp and colour the cardinal and some pine branches.

All that's needed now are the embellishments. The text is computer generated.


I hope you've enjoyed this project - I certainly had fun experimenting with the background.

And so, can I wish you all a lovely Christmas and New Year!

Helen

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook