A Quintet of Merry Christmas Books

11:55

Happy Monday Crafty Creatives! Brrrrr isn't it just...so for today's project I've used some cut aparts from the Stamperia Pink Christmas Paper Pad, (the ones that are usually left after you have finished your makes!) to create these mini book ornaments for your Christmas tree.


I cut out 5 of the images, and then cut some kraft card to make the covers, giving each a narrow spine so that the book pages would sit snugly inside. I drew around the cut apart on the Kraft card to get the right size. I stuck each picture to the front of the cover.




For the inner pages I used 4 strips of white card folded in half (using the cover as a template for the size). I cut them down slightly at the ends so that the pages fitted into the cover once the book was closed. 


I stitched the pages into the book, first by marking the 3 stitching holes with a pen. I poked through both the cover and set of pages with a pokey tool, then stitched with a pamphlet stitch to fasten together. 



Then with That's Crafty! Metallic Gold Multi Surface paint, I edged around the front cover with a small paintbrush. To add a bit of sparkle I added Pentart Ice Effect Paste to areas of the pictures. 



Finally I added some sparkly thread looped and glued into the top of the book spine so that my teeny books could hang on my Christmas tree. 

Happy Crafting!



You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Liz, wow cards and I just love this Stamperia set, sure has made some brilliant card xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow Liz, these are great, so easy but perfect for a handbag. love them x mo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook