Starry Starry Night by Liz Wheeler

11:00

Happy Monday That's Crafty! Creatives. 

Now we're into November we have some lovely crisp winter night skies with bright stars to shine on us. So for today's project I've been inspired by Stamperia's Cosmos Infinity Collection.


For the base I chose the fabulous That's Crafty! Desk Organiser which features a pen holder on one side, and two drawers and a hinged section on the other. 

I took my time putting the organiser together, using the photo on the packaging as a reference point. I used That's Crafty! Multi Purpose Craft Adhesive Pen to stick the pieces together, and let the glue dry completely before paining the organiser with That's Crafty! Black Gesso.





I then used a sheet of the 12 x 12 Cosmos Infinity Background Selection to cover the exterior of the organiser, leaving a small black border of paint to add contrast. Before sticking each section of the paper onto the surface, I edged with Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink.




To add the decoration I used the Cosmos Infinity Compass Mould with Creative Paperclay to make 4 scientific instruments. Once demoulded and dried, I painted them all with That's Crafty! Black Gesso. To create an aged patina effect I used Pentart's Patina Effect Paint Set. I love this effect so much, and love how each layer adds to the effect. 








Finally I glued each of the pieces to my organiser with That's Crafty! Multi Purpose Adhesive, including a cheeky one on the inside of the lid. 



I absolutely love this collection, and I love the organiser! I hope you feel inspired to have a go, and don't forget to look up to the stars when you get a chance!

Happy Crafting x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook