Letter for You by Gill Humphrey

11:00


I really enjoy making shadow boxes and deciding what to fill them with so chose the larger of the boxes in the 2 piece MDF kit for this make. I constructed the box and then painted it with Brown Multi Surface paint and left it to dry before adding a layer of Crackle Glaze. When the glaze had dried I then used a sponge to add Old Ivory paint over the top.

The inside of the box was decorated with papers taken from the Romantic Christmas 8 x 8 paper collection. with additional elements cut from the papers layered on cardboard so that the resin elements would sit more forward.

For my embellishments I cast the stamps and post boxes in the Letters and Stamps mould using Amazing Casting Resin. Once the resin had set I coated the pieces with Bonding Primer before painting with Hunter Green and Cardinal Red and Milk White acrylic paint. I let the paint dry and then gave everything a light coat of Fluid Gloss which gives the pieces a beautiful shiny finish and also protects them at the same time. Once the fluid gloss had dried the pieces were coated with Vintage Antiquing Paste and then wiped back with a cloth to reveal the details of the moulded pieces. Finally I added some Gold Metallic Wax to highlight the surface detail.

Having completed the resin pieces I added these as shown in the photograph before adding some faux holy leaves and red silk flowers.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook