Joy by Gill Humphrey

11:00

 

 At this time of year crafters often make home decor items - either to keep or to gift so I hope this post inspires you to get creative. The base for this free standing decoration is actually the Tree Ring Upright its amazing what you can come up with with a little bit of lateral thinking when you want something smaller and non-traditional. I covered the base and both sides of the upright with papers taken from the 8 x 8 Romantic Christmas collection, sanded back the edges and then added gold metallic wax paste to the edges. 

For my embellishments I cast the Poinsettia and greenery elements from the Poinsettia Mould using Amazing Casting Resin. Once the resin had set I coated the pieces with Bonding Primer before painting with Hunter Green and Cardinal Red acrylic paints for the poinsettia and then a little Milk White for the berries. I let the paint dry and then gave everything a light coat of Fluid Gloss which gives the pieces a beautiful shiny finish and also protects them at the same time. Once the fluid gloss had dried I painted over the pieces with White Antiquing Gel and wiped back the excess to reveal the details and give a snowy effect. A little gold wax was then added to highlight the details.

I decided on my composition mirroring the big poinsettia so it could go over the edge of the MDF Upright.


Before adding moss and berries from my stash. Finally I added Snow Crystal Paste which disguised the gap between the two poinsettia and gave the piece a lovely wintery feel.


I do hope you like this piece and if you make anything inspired by it please share it on the That's Crafty! Creatives Facebook page.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook