A Patina Journal by Liz Wheeler

11:00

 Happy Monday That's Crafty! Creatives. 


Today's project is all about the Patina - I absolutely love the effect and my favourite product to use for this is Pentart's Patina Effect Paint set. To create my journal I used my Journal It Set 2, and used the Tall Notes template. 

To start, I moulded the Journal plaque from Stamperia's Calligraphy - Ink and Labels mould and the Tags from the Alchemy Tags mould with Creative Paperclay. Then using the Patina set, painted the clay once dry, layering the shades of green on top of the copper base. 





For the journal, I drew around my Tall Notes template onto thick white card and cut out. For the front and inside of the cover I used 2 sheets of Stamperia's Cosmos Infinity 12 x 12 paper. Before adhering the inside paper I added two strips of Tyvek paper to the spine of the cover to add strength. 








I added some of the Patina effect to the front and back cover and edged with some of the copper paint. I then cut a piece of black card to fit on the front cover, again edging with the copper paint to create some cohesion with the look of the journal. 



For the closure and binding for the pages I got some seam binding from my stash and added watered down patina paints to create a matching grungy ribbon. I cut a piece that would wrap around the width of the journal, and then a second piece that would wrap around the spine 3 times to create the binding.

I used a piece of double sided tape to adhere the ribbon to the front cover, then glued the black card over the top. I then glued the clay pieces on top of the black card with That's Crafty! Multi Purpose Craft Adhesive.






Finally I cut 18 pages of cartridge paper to create 3 signatures using my Journal It Tall Notes inner pages template and inserted under the ribbon binding. 



A really practical journal, with an effect that really is easy to create using the Pentart kit. 

Happy Crafting !


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook