A Winter Wreath by Gill Humphrey

11:00


For my make this week I have used the Snowflake MDF Wreath Kit and quite unusually for me have bought out the bling - Christmas is about the only time of year that I do anything glittery but when I do use it I go all out. I chose to work with an icy/gold mix of products rather than adding lots of colour and the good news is this make is super easy to achieve.

I started by priming all of the MDF pieces with white primer paste to give a neutral background on which to work and then for good measure added two coats of white acrylic paint. I then turned my attention to the base piece. To adhere the glittery products I used the brand new tacky glue but as this is not available at the moment it is just as easy to use the Studio Light Tacky Glue to adhere the Fine Silver and Coarse Rose Gold Eco Glitters ( I chose to use two different grades to add texture to the piece). For the Glamour Sparkles in White the new glue will hold this in place but I think using the Multi Purpose Craft Adhesive is a better choice than the Studio Light tacky glue as this glitter is really quite chunky.

I used Metallic Silver and Metallic Gold Multi Surface Paints to decorate the icon imagery though adding in some areas of Metallic Pearl would also look good.




 

Having painted all of my pieces I then layered the elements together to complete my wreath. I hope you like this relatively quick and simple make which is so important at what is a very busy time of year.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook